Feb 3, 2012

BEER BATTERED FRIED CHICKEN


Yum! Found this recipe on allrecipes.com. It's great! Recipe was for frying fish. It needed salt added to it for chicken. I've only fried chicken twice and the first time was a disaster, but a tasty one. This batter is thick and tasty. I first rolled the chicken in some flour (You can use an old bread bag, if you prefer, to shake it in). You can add to the flour if you like. Italian bread crumbs, spices etc. I did not though. Mix these ingredients and set chicken to soak in it for a while, after flouring. Fry away! My drum sticks were on the large side and 20 minutes seemed to be the perfect timing. 





Mix all ingredients then add the beer.
1 C flour (I used bread flour)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 C beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment