Mar 6, 2012

YUMMY DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE

I had to slip this in for a friend. Will add photo when I make the next one. Just made this Sunday and it's gone! Have to make another one this weekend.

Cake:
2C flour
2 C sugar
3/4 C unsweetened Cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 C cold brewed coffee (I use instant)
1 C milk
1/2 C vegetable oil
2 tsp vinegar

Mix all dry ingredients. I use a wisk. Blend in wet till smooth.
Bake 350 degrees for 35 min.
I use 2 round cake pans. You can use a 9x13
I've started using store bought Vanilla Icing, but here are 2 icing recipes that are good.

Chocolate Icing:
1C sugar
1/4 C cocoa
1/4 C butter
1/4 C milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 min. Add vanilla. Cook partially, then beat with a mixer for 3 minutes or until of spreading consistency. 

Vanilla Icing:

1 C sugar
3 Tbs flour
2 sticks butter
1 C milk
2 tsp vanilla

Boil milk and flour. Cool completely. Cream the butter. Add Vanilla and sugar. Combine and beat on high 5 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment